This is a guideline on how NOT to get the Qur’an wrong. One through five are self-evident so there is no need for explanation of each one individually.
Following this guideline will help set you are apart from those who get the Qur’an wrong. It should be noted though that this guideline is only general and not a replacement for knowledge in the academic sense.
- Avoid distortion of intended meaning e.g. contextomy.
- In any statements you make and thoughts you have be absolutely certain your reasoning is not fallacious.
- If you are roadblocked then ask but be certain whomever you ask has no prejudices.
- Always have sources and make sure your sources are credible.
- Never mix truth with falsehood e.g. half-truth, prevarication, etc.